2012 Book Count: 44

2013 Book Count: ???

Saturday, July 14, 2012

"next" - Michael Crichton

Published in 2006 by Michael Crichton and Harper Collins

I read my first Michael Crichton book in one night while I was dog sitting for Chelsea back in high school. It wasn't really an option to sleep as her puppy Chevy wanted to go in and out every 5 minutes and I was afraid she would have an accident (which still happened) so I stayed up through the night and read.

Sadly, Next was not quite as engrossing as Prey and I felt that his characters were too many and too underdeveloped. It was hard to keep track of who was doing what and what was happening where.

Still, it was a very interesting look at the relationship between the law and genetic material. Especially how we can patent things that aren't really understood and in so doing, mess up real beneficial science that could help people.

Rating: **

No comments:

Post a Comment